Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Working in a cemetery

Something struck me last night regarding doing field work in a cemetery. The inevitable question that comes around when you mention it usually goes something along the lines of "Are you scared working in a cemetery?" with the implication that it's a place for dead people and whether we are pan tan etc etc. We have several field workers who are scared of snakes. One is scared of spiders. While I wouldn't exactly use the word "fear", I would say that most of the field workers take precautions against the mosquitoes. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we try to keep our distance from bees and hornets. None of us like having ants get into our clothes. Scorpions and centipedes have been spotted before. See, that's the funny thing. We are usually more concerned with the "life" of the place getting to us. But the "death" of the place getting to us is usually what we are asked about.

No comments:

Post a Comment